CLEAN DEFENSE SUMMIT
Tuesday, April 2, 2013
The 2013 CLEAN DEFENSE SUMMIT was held in Washington on Tuesday, April 2, 2013.
Billions of dollars are being spent on achieving the Department of Defense mandate to achieve 25% renewable energy and energy efficiency by 2020. The Navy’s goal is 50%. At the recent Naval Energy Forum, Navy Secretary Ray Mabus stated that Pentagon programs to meet the energy mandate are here to stay. “There is clear and compelling evidence that the efforts the Navy is making to use energy more efficienctly will improve national security, will save money and save lives,” said Mabus.
The 2nd Annual CLEAN DEFENSE SUMMIT was one of the year’s premier forums bringing together industry with the Pentagon, U.S. Navy, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, and U.S. Marines. Topics discussed included:
• Specific clean energy, alternative fuel, and energy efficiency programs of the U.S. Navy, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, and U.S. Marines
• The clean defense programs of individual military bases throughout the U.S., including energy efficiency for military housing
• Clean defense RFPs from the Department of Defense and strategies for winning contracts
• Strategies for becoming a subcontractor to larger primes
• New R&D programs for clean defense
• The latest Pentagon interest in solar energy, wind energy, biofuels for jets, new battery packs and clean energy applications for the battlefield, vehicles using alternative energy, new energy efficiency applications for buildings, advanced materials, intelligent microgrid solutions, and new smart grid solutions.
• Leading clean energy and energy efficiency solutions from top companies
The 2013 CLEAN DEFENSE SUMMIT featured morning and afternoon general sessions, exhibits, and extensive networking. VIP Attendees were also invited to a VIP Reception.
For more than a decade, the Summit organizers have brought together more than 45,000 leaders to identify solutions to our critical issues. More than 1,000 speakers have participated. The CLEAN DEFENSE SUMMIT continues the momentum of very successful quarterly CLEAN DEFENSE Briefings and our Capitol Hill Defense Energy VIP Reception. Hundreds of top corporate executives have participated in our CLEANDEF events, which have featured top Pentagon officials and local military base commanders.
The first CLEAN DEFENSE SUMMIT was held in Washington on Wednesday, February 8, 2012.
Sponsors of the 2012 CLEAN DEFENSE SUMMIT included Lockheed Martin, GridPoint, SolarWorld, The SPECTRUM Group, OriginOil, RAMMO, The Interstate Traveler Company, enXco, Net Zero Development Group, NZ Power Distribution, Green Lighting LED, Energy Shield, Gaco Western, Green Strategies, and Mintz Levin.
Top officials from the Office of the Secretary of Defense, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, Defense Logistics Agency, and senior business leaders provided major presentations at the 2012 CLEAN DEFENSE SUMMIT.
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* * *
PARTIAL REGISTRATION LIST FROM OUR PREVIOUS CLEANDEF EVENTS
• Office of the Secretary of Defense
• U.S. Navy
• U.S. Army
• U.S. Air Force
• U.S. Marine Corps
• DoD Siting Clearinghouse
• Defense Logistics Agency
• Joint Forces Staff College
• Naval Postgraduate School
• U.S. Department of Energy
• U.S. Department of Transportation
• U.S. Transportation Energy & Technology Alliance
• U.S. Department of Agriculture
• Schneider Electric
• S&C Electric
• Lockheed Martin
• The SPECTRUM Group
• Origin Oil
• Booz Allen Hamilton
• Pepco Energy Services
• Green Strategies
• Deloitte Consulting LLP
• Navistar Defense
• Philips North America
• Redstone Energy Group
• O’Brien & Gere
• Defense Facilities Corporation
• Georgia Power/Southern Company
• Optiwind Corp
• Planetary Power
• SunDurance Energy
• Air Products & Chemicals
• Harmonics Limited, Inc.
• PyroGenesis Canada Inc.
• Energy Infrastructure Partners
• Eaton Corp
• Sullivan & Worcester LLP
• U.S. Chamber of Commerce
• Michigan Technological University
• University of Arizona
• Florida Solar Energy Center
• Biofuels Center of North Carolina